Portal Login

Parent Wellbeing

Useful Links

Please see the websites and links below that might be useful for you:

Single Point of Access (SPA)

Call 0300 777 0707 or 0800 644 4101.

Herts residents of all ages, including carers, GPs and other professionals can contact our 24/7 Single Point of Access (SPA) Mental Health Helpline team at any hour of the day or night, 365 days a year. The team can provide support for Herts residents who are experiencing a mental health crisis, need some mental health support or just want to talk.


Call from any phone anytime for free 116 123

Hertfordshire Family Centre Service

Hertfordshire Family Centre Service offer support to children, young people, their parents, families and carers and can be contacted on: 0300 123 7572. They are open Mon-Fri, 8am - 6pm.

School Nursing Service

Whether you are a parent, teacher, GP, a health professional or from an agency, you can refer a child to the School Nursing Service using an online form. Make a referral online via the Family Centre Service. Young people can also self-refer into the service.

Chat Health

ChatHealth is a confidential texting service offered by the Hertfordshire School Nursing Team. It’s safe and easy for you to speak to a qualified health professional. We provide advice, help and support to teenagers, with any health issues such as mental and emotional health, sexual health, healthy eating, bullying, alcohol, drugs, and stopping smoking. Whatever’s on your mind, we can help. Even if you just need someone who understands or want advice for a friend.

Chat Health: 07480 635050

Children's Wellbeing Practitioners Service

The Children’s Wellbeing Practitioner (CWP) training programme was driven by Health Education England as a response to ensure that children, young people and their parents/carers have access to evidence based preventative and early intervention support for common emotional wellbeing and mental health difficulties. The aim of the HCT Children’s Wellbeing Practitioners is to ensure that children and young people can easily access evidence-based support, early in the development of the problem through workshops, groups and 1-1 interventions.

  • Adolescent Anxiety (For young people aged 11-19)
  • Adolescent Low Mood (For young people aged 11-19)


If you're worried about your child or young person’s mental health or wellbeing, you can call the Parents Helpline on: 0808 802 5544, Monday - Friday 9.30am - 4.00pm. The helpline provides detailed information, advice and support to parents or main carers of children and young people aged 25 or under.

Hertfordshire parents - NESSie IN ED, CIC

Children and Young People Mental Health – Early Help Parent support Service for Parents/Carers in Hertfordshire

What we offer:

  • Free online and face-to-face workshops
  • Parent Support line: 07932 651319
  • Private moderated Facebook support group: Nessie Parent/Carer Support Group
  • 1-1 targeted brief support sessions
  • Peer support groups
  • ‘Drop In and Chat Coffee Mornings’ where you can discuss anything and everything

Just Talk

Information and support for young people and parents with concerns regarding Mental Health


If you, or a young person you know are not coping with life, you can contact HOPELINE247 ON: 0800 068 41 41 or text: 07860 039967 for confidential suicide prevention advice.

First Steps Eating Disorders

Support for people with eating disorders (parent led aged 0-5 and Children / young people aged 5-18)


Help and support for individuals and families with eating disorders.

Healthy Young Minds in Herts

Healthy Young Minds in Herts is a website that contains information on many services that can provide help for children and young people who may be experiencing emotional or mental health difficulties. The website has separate sections for young people and parents/carers.

Food bank – Referral Service

You can ask Citizens Advice to refer you to a food bank. They'll usually make an appointment for you to discuss your situation with an adviser first.

If you can't go to Citizens Advice, you can ask for a referral from another organisation - for example your GP, housing association or social worker.

Your local council might be able to tell you how to get a referral to a food bank. You can find your local council's contact details on GOV.UK.

Buntingford and Villages Food Support

Providing food for those in need in the town of Buntingford and the surrounding villages. Anyone who is struggling to buy food for themselves or their family can be referred to a Foodbank.

Bishop's Stortford Food Bank

Providing help to anyone in Bishop’s Stortford and the surrounding villages experiencing a food crisis.

Food providers in North Herts

There are many food provision groups in North Herts. Some of the groups aim to help those in need, some aim to reduce food waste and others do a combination of the two.

Free Period Products

We are able to order a range of products including standard, organic and re-usable pads and tampons as well as menstrual cups and period pants.

We have boxes of products located around the college so that students can discreetly help themselves, as well as a supply in the college office.

However, we realise that, for some students, this is awkward so we have also made the products available to order, free of charge, via our pre-loved uniform website, Uniformd . Items ordered via Uniformd can be collected by students or parents/carers from the college office.

Free Colgate toothpaste

We have tubes of Colgate Triple Action toothpaste, available to order, free of charge, via our pre-loved uniform website, Uniformd. Items ordered via Uniformd can be collected by students or parents/carers from the college office.

Pre-loved uniform

The college has a range of pre-loved uniform available through Uniformd via this Uniformd

Families First

Families First referral service provide support for you as a family. If you need more help than your usual support network -for example your health visitor, school, doctor or family centre – Families First can work with you and your family to create a package of support. Ask for support

Issues we can help with:

  • Parenting
  • Mental and physical health problems
  • Drug or alcohol dependency
  • Domestic abuse
  • School related concerns – such as your child is not attending school
  • Debt problems
  • Risk of becoming homeless.


Resources for parents


Counselling and advice for children, young people and adults

Dove self-esteem project

Self-esteem project for young people


Charity to support families with gambling

Hertfordshire Beacon Victim Care Service

Provides support to anyone who has been affected by crime. The current situation may have a huge impact on someone’s ability to cope and recover from a crime or incident. They are still providing support via phone and email to victims and witnesses, regardless of how long ago the crime happened or whether it has been reported to the police. Please see website for further information.

Services for Young People

Services for Young People projects for young people in the East Herts district. The Services for Young People East Herts Team runs a wide range of groupwork projects for young people at our young people’s centres as well as street-based projects across the district.