Bay of Naples trip April 2020
Dear Parent / Carer
Next year’s Classics Trip will take place between 6 and 10 April 2020. The visit will be based in the Bay of Naples, and will focus on a thorough exploration of the area. We will be visiting the atmospheric remains of the cities buried by Mount Vesuvius’ eruption in AD 79, and all the works of art from those cities that are now housed in the National Museum in Naples. We’ll also have the opportunity of visiting Mount Vesuvius itself. Finally a trip to the beautiful island of Capri will round off the visit.
Accommodation will be based on 4 students sharing a room in a 3* hotel near Sorrento, on a half board basis (breakfast & evening meal at the hotel).
The total price is £625 which will include the following:
Return flights to Naples with one check-in bag.
- Return coach transfers from Naples airport to hotel
- Half-board accommodation in Sorrento
- Full day coach to Herculaneum and Vesuvius
- Entrance to Vesuvius
- Circumvesuviana to/from Pompeii
- Visits to Pompeii and Herculaneum
- Fully guided by knowledgeable staff
- Trip to Capri, subject to good weather. If the weather is bad, there will be an alternative trip arranged.
We propose to collect payment of the remaining balance in four instalments between now and October 2019. The schedule for each non-refundable payment will be as follows:
£100 – 30 June 2019
£100 – 31 July 2019
£100 – 31 August 2019
£100 – 30 September 2019
£100 – 31 October 2019
This trip is oversubscribed and there is a reserve list - as a result the college has the right to remove anyone from the trip if their behaviour is not of an acceptable standard.
Head of Classics / Trip Organiser